Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Jesus, Our Perfect Savior


BCC family,
As we head into 2021, I thought this email from a fellow BCCer would encourage you. I have permission to share, but the writer asked to remain anonymous because children are mentioned--though the writer would be happy to discuss face to face. You can contact me if you are interested. May God continue to work in all our hearts for His glory.
Pastor Ben
--
2020 has been a year of Joy.
2020 has been a year where my heart's brokenness has bubbled to the surface. Pridefulness has been revealed in my heart in glaring ways. My lack of control has been set before my face in profound ways. My children have struggled in ways that were too big and too dark for me to help with.


I struggled with despair and begged God to take my life instead of allowing me to exist in this present state of despair.


But then God revealed HIMSELF more. He took great lengths to meet me where I was and gently turned my face to look at him. He took me from a place of false belief. I know he has called me justified and saved from eternal Hell, by the blood of Jesus, but I thought he looked upon me in disgust and annoyance. He led me to the knowledge of a God with arms eternally open wide. He is a God weeping tears of love and joy--yearning for me to climb into his lap and be embraced. Just-as-I-am with a broken, repentant heart. Embraced, loved, and cried for by The Holy God!


Jesus has been my Savior for many years, and in 2020, he has shown me more deepness of his grace and showered me with limitless joy; more than in all of those years. This joy, I would not be able to experience without facing the depravity of my soul, exposed in 2020. 2020 was a year of joy.


For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2 Cor 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment