Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Speaking the Word



We can be confident that God will complete the work He has begun in the lives of His children (Phil 1:6). In His kindness, God is conforming us to the image of Christ the Son (Rom 8:29). The more we are conformed to the image of Christ, the greater will be our desire to proclaim Christ through our lives and to have the word of Christ on our lips. David serves as an example of one who praised God and proclaimed God's goodness through the words he spoke. Consider a few verses from Psalm 71:
-My mouth is filled with your praise, and with your glory all the day (ESV) v.8
-My mouth will tell of your righteous acts, of your deeds of salvation all the day, for their number is past my knowledge. (ESV) v.15
-I will also praise you with the harp for your faithfulness, O my God; I will sing praises to you with the lyre, O Holy One of Israel. My lips will shout for joy, when I sing praises to you; my sol also, which you have redeemed. And my tongue will talk of your righteous help all the day long, for they have been put to shame and disappointed who sought to do me hurt. (ESV) - vv. 22-24

We give glory to God and encourage one another by speaking the Word to one another.

For more on this topic from John Piper, click HERE.

Pastor Blake



No comments:

Post a Comment