Friday, July 6, 2018

Loving the Abused


I've just now read the details regarding the reason ACBC changed locations for their upcoming conference on abuse to be held in Ft. Worth, TX October 1-3. Their explanation for the change of venue is worth the read for a helpful overview of a theology of ministry to the abused. 

These recent events just heighten my awareness for the need for the Church of Jesus Christ to improve our ability to compassionately and wisely respond to a growing trend of sinful, abusive behaviors of all kinds in our culture.

Ever since I was young, I can remember a strong sensitivity for those who are disenfranchised and abused. Now, more than ever, my heart is moved to care for the abuse victim and the sufferer. The more I'm called to help victims, the more I am aware of my own lack of understanding, training and skill-sets. For these reasons and more, I hope to attend this conference. I'd like to encourage you to consider attending as well. 

I desire is that Bethany Community Church and Bethany Biblical Counseling Ministries would be a safe place for victims to find help, hope and healing. 

May God give us the courage, wisdom and grace to practically minister the Gospel to the victims and to the perpetrators, for His Glory.

Helpful resources:
Rid of My Disgrace, Holcomb & Holcomb
Shame Interrupted, Ed Welch
Dorie, the Girl Nobody Loved, Dorie VanStone


Kent Kloter

1 comment:

  1. Reading this blog post was like the singing of a sweet song to my soul. Praying for you today Kent and would like to visit soon. Fred

    ReplyDelete